Friday, July 5, 2013

The Third Amendment

In case you haven't noticed, there is a theme going on here... I realized that with all of this talk about things being unconstitutional, I decided to educate myself on what the amendments to the United States Constitution actually said. I also decided that it could help me to post more in my blog, so here we are. Today's post is about the Third Amendment.

" No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law"

This Amendment says that the government cannot force citizens to keep soldiers in their homes in times of peace, and the only way they can force citizens to house soldiers in times of war is by passing specific laws to be able to do so.

The threat I can see is that since we are in a forever war, it would no be hard to comply with this. That being said, I don't see it happening because they would rather keep the soldiers in the disciplined environment of their own camp. (just my opinion)

You can find the text of the Constitution online at:

http://www.usconstitution.net/

Third Amendment specifically:

http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_Am3.html

No comments:

Post a Comment